Meet the Alpha Lambda Xi Officer Team
Your 2013-2014 Officer team is:
- President - Will Howell
- Vice President of Scholarship - Tina Dugger
- Vice President of Service - Braion Thomas
- Vice President of Leadership - Anais Garcia
- Vice President of Fellowship - Viviana Mendoza
Will Howell, President
Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Why did you join this organization? Joining Phi Theta Kappa was a natural progression in my work to build my life around the values of hard work, academic excellence, building community, and performing service. As soon as I discovered Phi Theta Kappa there was no question that I would be involved with it in any way possible.
- What are your personal goals for the academic year? My personal goals for the academic year are to excel in all of my classes and learn as much as I can in each one of them, all while enjoying my first exclusively math and science semester.
- What are your goals for the organization? Having seen the incredible successes of the former officer team, I will work in the coming year to continue this success and gain this chapter recognition as the top chapter in the entirety of Phi Theta Kappa, but we will need as many of our excellent members involved as possible. To this end, I will work to increase member involvement in Alpha Lambda Xi and to increase recognition of Phi Theta Kappa on campus, as well as improving member recruitment.
- What are your career interests? My major is in mechanical engineering, and I would like to use technology to better people’s lives. Where this desire will take me is yet to be seen, but there can be no doubt that there is no better place to explore the infinite potential of the future than from the epicenter of inspiration that is a college campus.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? When not engaged in schoolwork or working with Phi Theta Kappa, I can be found exercising, jogging, cycling, hiking, camping, or doing anything else which can be done outdoors.
Tina Dugger, Vice President of Scholarship
Major: 3D Animation
Hometown: Atlanta, GA
Braion Thomas, Vice President of Service
- Why did you join this organization? To enhance my leadership skills, enrich my collegiate experience, and to surround myself with people that would motivate me to reach my goals.
- What are your personal goals for the academic year? To plan successful service projects for our chapter while continuing to achieve academically What are your goals for the organization?
- To maintain our five-star status and have an increase in member involvement What are your career interests? Business Major.
- What are your hobbies outside of school?
- Singing, Drawing Fashion Designs, Dancing, Shopping, and Traveling! I am just a big-time dreamer from Mamou, Louisiana that enjoys spicy foods and spending time with my family more than anything!
"Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can achieve it and PTK can be the start of it all! Don't wait, join today!"
Anais Garcia, Vice President of Leadership
- Why did you join this organization? I joined Phi Theta Kappa because I felt that it could change my life. PTK is an organization filled with like-minded students who are academically oriented, but also want to reach out and do something positive for the college and the community. It’s a great opportunity to grow as an individual, as well as, a member of society.
- What are your personal goals for the academic year? This academic year I plan on graduating from Lone Star College Kingwood with my Associates degree, growing as a leader, and finding where my passion lies.
- What are your goals for the organization? My biggest goal for PTK is member engagement. We have some of the most amazing people in our chapter! I think Alpha Lambda Xi can benefit tremendously from member collaboration. My smaller goal is for our honors and action project to benefit our community more than ever before.
- What are your career interests? I am pursuing a degree in the medical field as either a Neonatal Nurse or Anesthesiologist.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? My hobbies include walking, baking, dancing, gaming, and reading philosophical novels.
Viviana Mendoza, Vice President of Fellowship
- Why did you join this organization? The reason I joined this organization was because of the amount of opportunities that it offered. There are a several scholarships to be found in this organization not to mention plenty of chances to travel. The people that I have met have already begun to change my life, and the people I will meet will surely do the same. I joined because I'm willing to let Phi Theta Kappa to change my life.
- What are your personal goals for the academic year? Some personal goals that I have for the upcoming school year are making new friends, receiving high marks in all my classes, and simply having fun.
- What are your goals for the organization? My main goal for Phi Theta Kappa is to have the members more involved with the group. I want Phi Theta Kappa to become a place where students find a second family instead of it being another organization that looks nice on their resume. I want it to change their lives.
- What are your career interests? As far as majors go, I am currently working on my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing. I am simply doing my basics at Lone Star for the time being, but I am also considering in minoring in Japanese or Foreign Languages in general. I find that languages of all sorts interest me.
- What are your hobbies outside of school? Some of my hobbies include reading novels and manga, writing, playing video games, looking up random words from the English language in another language. Japanese has been the most recent. I also enjoy watching anime and shows that air on BBC such as Doctor Who. When I am not doing any of those, I find entertainment in spending time with my sisters.