| Student Life
| Clubs & Organizations
| LSC-Tomball Clubs
Student Occupational Therapy Association
Purpose of SOTA
The purpose of the organization shall be to offer OTA students and student forum for discussion and fellowship which will enhance the OTA program by providing a better insight in to occupational therapy as a whole. The goals are as follows:
- To increase the awareness of Occupational Therapy both on the Lone Star College-Tomball campus as well as within the community to help others gain a better insight into the purpose of Occupational Therapy.
- To help support SOTA members in their ability to attend local, state, and national organizational meetings.
- To help support SOTA members as they attend study groups and sit for National Certification Examination.
- To increase the knowledge base of the SOTA members with regard to future fieldwork placements and experiences.
- To have positive interactions with both the first year OTA students to discuss problems, thoughts, ideas that each have and to share outcomes.
- To establish leadership skills to assist with future COTA job placements after graduation.